More businesses in Singapore are becoming increasingly aware of their carbon footprint and the environmental impacts of their daily operations. This has stimulated new initiatives which focus on achieving energy efficiency and sustainability.
Onsite optimisation strategies include upgrading infrastructure and targeted system retrofits designed to help increase overall energy efficiency and operating performance through a system-based building analysis and approach. This approach will allow businesses to better optimise their energy consumption, manage costs, and achieve sustainability goals.
Despite the Singapore government’s best efforts to reduce emissions from as early as 1970 by
There are numerous reasons why your business can benefit from implementing energy optimisation strategies such as:
- Addressing proactive renewal of all building systems by applying an integrated, life cycle approach
- Meeting internal sustainability and decarbonisation targets
- Mitigating any underlying losses, both economical and operational, associated with equipment failure and downtime
- Introducing cost-saving efforts to overall building maintenance and operations spending
While these energy optimisation strategies do require extensive and coordinated planning, it can provide greater savings to your business in the long run. These efforts can also put your facility on the net-zero path.
Net zero is in reference to the balance between how much greenhouse gas is released into and removed from the atmosphere. In a previous article, we explained the meaning of carbon neutral, whereby the emissions produced from fueling your business with natural gas are balanced by carbon offset projects such as forestry preservation and renewable energy projects. This is part of what it takes to achieve a net-zero goal of climate neutrality.
What Upgrades Can Your Business Make?
Some upgrades that your business can make as part of your business’s energy optimisation strategies include:
- Installing the right-sized heating and cooling systems
- Implementing enhanced building automation systems and technologies, and advanced monitoring and metering to align the overall systems with your facility’s occupancy (i.e., dynamic scheduling, load sensing, occupancy sensors for lighting, etc.)
- Installing intelligent lighting systems and incorporating daylight harvesting and advanced control strategies
- Building envelope upgrades (i.e. roof insulation, radiant barrier, cool roof, wall insulation, etc.)
Switching your business’s power source to a renewable energy source (i.e. Liquefied Natural Gas)
Consider the Use of Technologies to Find Opportunities
It’s imperative that businesses looking to implement an energy optimisation strategy understand their daily energy consumption, which includes understanding where and when energy is being utilised by what end-use systems. Deploying the right automated technologies for your business can support the gathering of data for further analysis to better pinpoint areas where energy consumption can be reduced.
Switch to LNG
Consider switching to GasHub’s Liquefied Natural Gas to power your daily operations. LNG is a colourless, non-toxic liquid natural gas. When cooled to -162℃, it shrinks by 600 times, and will not ignite below 540℃. This type of gas emits almost no environmentally-damaging sulphur dioxide, 30% less carbon dioxide as compared to fuel, and 45% less than coal. Furthermore, it also has a proven twofold reduction in nitrogen oxide emissions. LNG vaporises; therefore, it leaves no ground or water residue, and is harmless to aquatic life and waterways.
At GasHub, sustainability is our utmost priority. As the leading gas player in Singapore, we specialise in LNG-centric gas distribution and engineering. Our solution enables a path toward a cleaner and greener environment and helps businesses reduce energy costs and carbon emissions while increasing profit. To learn more about how GasHub can help your business, talk to us today!